Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 25 of Clean Eating


It's been 25 days since I started 'eating clean' and I have to say that it's been much easier than I was expecting. Sure, it takes planning and it's kinda difficult to do when you are away from home but I think the benefits are worth the trouble. I feel better, my headaches are less frequent, I'm needing less naps and it feels good knowing I've stopped the vicious cycle of poisoning myself with sugar. I expected the cravings and withdrawl to be worse than it was.


People always say to me 'I could never give up sugar' and I say that you CAN, but it's a choice you have to make and you need to resolve to make the changes necessary. You need to commit to reading labels and avoiding what is easy in order to progress towards a better lifestyle.


I'm most annoyed by the sheer volume of sugar placed into the foods we eat. I am stunned by how much sugar is in things I pick up at the store. I don't eat anything that has more than 5 grams of sugar in a serving.


It isn't easy, I'll admit that but neither is being a vegetarian and I've been doing that for almost 7 years now. It's especially difficult living in the midwest. People here think that every meal needs to contain of a hunk of flesh. Is it easier to say 'to hell with it' and give in? Sure... but that isn't the correct road.


Like I said, you choose what you 'can' do.


No comments: