Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday


It's the day after Thanksgiving and in years past I'd already be working at my part time job, waiting for customers to walk into my store at the mall.

This year, I'm at home, in my PJ's, waiting for 6 am to come so I can feed the dogs.

I can't tell you how fabulous it feels to not be working retail this holiday!

Last spring, I went down to working just floorsets at my mall job - that is every 6 weeks or so. I work 5pm to midnight on a Sunday putting out new merchandise. It's the most exhausting thing I've ever done and it takes a full day to recover. (it sounds like it wouldn't be tiring, but it really is)

Anyway, the fact that I'm not working retail makes me as happy as little Guido looks in this picture. I hope those of you having to work retail survive and those who are going out in it, remember to be nice and treat those retail people with some kindness and respect - they get paid shit, you know.

Me? I'm gonna buy a few things online to complete my holiday shopping. I'll be in my PJ's, sipping hot cocoa and enjoying not having to step outside or deal with the crowds.

Buncha crazy people.

No comments: