Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


My favorite holiday! I don't know why, probably because it has to do with fun and monsters instead of religion.

As a kid, today was all about CANDY! I remember being so excited that the day just went on forever (kinda like Christmas Eve and waiting to open presents) and it seemed like the night would never come.

The pic here is one of my dogs, Ike... this was taken when he was much younger. Probably under a year. Now, he's 8 and a half. His muzzle is now almost all grey. He's my sweet old man.

He was not at all happy to have that on his head and it took both my husband and I and a whole lot of cheese to make it happen.

We don't have human children so tonight is about keeping the dogs relaxed. We'll start a couple crockpots - italian beef for the hubby, veggie chili for me, and come 5:30 when trick or treating starts, we'll put up the baby gate to keep the pups downstairs, head to our media room and switch on Ghost Hunters Live (Sci Fi channel from 6pm - 1 am, CST) and hang.

We don't give out candy because it just stresses the dogs.

I hope you have a delightful Halloween, no matter what you do.

No comments: